3/24/2014

AN02 - Fourth Assignment Wk.5

Hey guys!  So I just finished the last week of my last assignment for Animation Body Mechanics Basics, these past 11 weeks have sure flown by!  Since this is the last assignment week, next week's post will be updated poses and my demo reel from the class.
---
Alright guys, this week for our assignment we had to add the "final 10%" to our animations.  I had a lot of suggestions from Steve for my assignment, some that I was eager to change and others I was more aggravated that I had to change.  If there's one thing I've learned throughout this class is that my teacher knows what he is talking about so I need to just suck it up and change those sections of the animation because it will look 10x better afterwards.  Seriously, I was all like, gaaahhh I don't want to change the gun motions at the end and the recoil looks fine to me!  I wish I could travel back in time and smack myself, I was wrong, I changed it and it looks better.  You'd think I could have gotten that through my thick skull already, but anyway, here's the version of the animation that I submitted...
So I don't know if you guys can really tell, but I think it's looking a lot better than last week's version.  This week I'll have a few things to tweak on it and then I'll go ahead and add it to my demo reel!
---
*Update* - So I wanted to post the updated version of this shot because I tweaked some things before putting it in my reel.  So, with these tweaks, I added a little more overlap with the arm movement when she recoils from that drastic move, adjusted some timing with the legs to add interest, adjusted the eyes some, took out some of the gun actions at the end to put emphasis on the placing of the feet, as well as adjusted the hips slightly so there's more of a weight shift when she goes to take that small step.  Overall I'm pretty happy with it, I may even render it at some point, but here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment