2/09/2014

AN02 - Third Assignment Wk.2

Hey guys!  So this past week we had to continue on with our quadruped assignment by blocking out the contact poses and breakdowns as well as pose out Sloan in some motion poses.

To start off, here are the sketches I drew this week for the poses...
For the assignment it said that we could draw any animal we wanted, but I figured I'd stay with dog poses since the rig that I would be using to pose out these sketches was a dog rig.  Here are the three that I attempted in Maya...


I chose to submit the first and third poses for the assignment after getting feedback from my peers suggesting that those were the most interesting ones, and I agreed.
---
Now for the quad. blocking!  Recalling what my mentor had mentioned to me about the blocking for my walk from the last assignment, I decided to go with a less is more approach for the blocking.  I think that, for the sake of blocking, I have all the needed information without filling up my timeline with keys that I may have later needed to delete during the splining phase.  So here's my blocking!
Hopefully my mentor will appreciate that I'm trying to apply his critiques to my animation!
  
P.S. Last week I forgot to post the reference video I used for studying a dog's walk, so here are the two Youtube videos I used the most for my reference...


No comments:

Post a Comment