4/01/2013

Lipsync Animation Post 1

I've started a new animation for my demo reel and it's a lipsync   I chose to use a line from The Office for the sound clip, since there are a lot of good quotes from that show.  I've started off with filming my reference and sketching out some poses.
From there, I've blocked out the poses in Maya.  Some of the poses that I ended up with are more exaggerated than what I had for my sketches or reference video.  I try not to limit my animations to what I come up with when I'm shooting reference video because what I filmed as reference may be limited to my acting skills, whereas the character I am animating is limitless.  I think exaggeration can be key when animating and it can really help sell the emotion of a character.
Now I'm not totally happy with all of these poses that I have at the moment, I think some of them could be more dynamic, so that's something I can work on more in my next pass of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment