4/20/2013

Life Drawing Post 1

Every Friday in the Visual Language/ Character Animation program, we had figure drawing days.  I figured I'd start posting these drawings up here now that I've almost graduated from the program and actually have time to keep up with this.  I think I'll keep it to posting four drawings a week until I run out of drawings.  First  off, I'd like to show all of you this picture of what my figure drawing skills were like when I came into this program a year and a half ago.
So these were pretty bad, I didn't really know what I was doing and it showed.  I hadn't done any kind of figure drawing prior to this and without much direction, it was pretty bad.
Fast forward to this semester!  I think I have definitely improved, and through practice and getting direction from one of my professors, I think these drawings are a vast improvement and I hope to continue on improving.



2 comments:

  1. I can see the improvement, however to improve even more I would recommend that you tackle your weaknesses. I can see that you avoided REALLY drawing the face in all your attempts. I'm guessing this was deliberate? So this could be an area to focus on for a bit. (Btw, thats just my advice and you can ignore it if you want)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan! Ya I did realize that in a lot of my drawings I tend to leave the hands/feet/head for last and then spend so much time on the body that I run out of time to actually get to those parts. I will definitely in the future try to get to those parts of the body first so I can have a more complete drawing. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete