7/06/2014

AN04 - First Assignment Wk.1

Hey guys!  So last week was the first week of AN04 Intro. to Acting.  My teacher seems pretty cool as well as the rest of the students in my class, so I'm pretty excited!  For this first week we had to begin planning our pantomime acting test or animated pose test.  I chose to do the pantomime acting test because I feel like I could use some more practice with large amounts of body mechanics and I didn't want to focus on facial animation quite yet.  I also have to work a lot in the next few weeks as well as pack and move so I figured it would be best not to take on facial animation while trying to juggle all of that. 
---
In the assignment, it said to "have two distinct and contrasting beats that tell a basic story" and to "choose a scenario that fits your personality, something that speaks to you."  Well here's my reference video and sketches for the basic story that I chose...

If you know me at all, you know that I am terrified of cockroaches, so it wasn't too difficult for me to imagine what a terrified reaction to one would be.  We also had to pose out two of the main story beats with our character and set...
Well I hope that I can make this one as entertaining as I'm sure my reference is to everyone!  Have a great week guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment