5/04/2014

AN03 - Second Assignment Wk.2

Hello everyone!  For this past week we had to create the first blocking pass of our new assignment.  I also had to shoot additional video reference for mine because I changed the beginning slightly from what you guys saw last week.  For the pose a day challenge, this week's theme was squash, so mostly scrunched up poses or anticipation poses.
---
Alright, so here is the new reference video that I shot for this assignment...
You'll notice the end changes because now I have it so that she will pull the ax out of a tree stump, pick up only one piece, and examine it.  I was not really thinking when I did my original planning about how long it would actually take if I was going to have her pick up both pieces, turns out it would take way more time than I have.  So since I already have to have her walk over to get the piece of wood, I opted for the simpler ending.  Here's what I submitted earlier today for my blocking pass...
You may notice her hands look a bit like paddles flailing about through the animation.  That's because I didn't animate the fingers on all the poses yet, just some of the major ones.
---
And now for the pose a day challenge!  As mentioned above, this past week's theme was squashed poses.  I used various different sports to find my pose inspirations this week...




Well that's all folks!  Have a great week everyone!

**P.S. You may have noticed the CTNx 2014 button I added to my widgets to the right of my blog page.  I'm going to the CTN Animation Expo this year, November 21-23, in Burbank, California!  I know it's like 7 months away, but I'm so freakin' excited!**

No comments:

Post a Comment