1/13/2014

AN02 - First Assignment

Hey guys!  So this past week I started up my second semester at Animation Mentor.  I'm so pumped after my first Q&A with my new mentor, Steve Cady, for Animation Body Mechanic Basics (AN02)!  This semester, for the q&a's, AM started using Google hangouts for the classes and my what an improvement it is!  I was able to actually see everyone in my class and there were no glitches with the mentor's video as well, which was awesome!  I'm going to really enjoy this semester!

For our first assignment, we had to create two poses showing movement using the new Stella rig.  This rig, first off, is awesome.  It looks like a simple character, but the rig is slightly more complex than the other bipedal characters we used in AN01, and she has hair so that's always fun.  Alright, well here are the sketches that I drew up showing movement...
So as you may be able to tell, the left side was inspired by running, gymnastics, and karate.  After getting those sketches it dawned on me that dancing would be great to watch for inspiration, which is the entire right side.  And here are the 3 poses that I posed out in Maya to see which ones worked...


I liked all 3 of them but I had to choose two, so I ended up submitting the bottom two poses.  I don't know why, but it's enjoyable for me to pose out lanky characters like Stella.  This next week we get to create a walk with her too, so that should be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment