1/20/2014

AN02 - Second Assignment Wk.1

Soo this is slightly late, but here's my next blog post!  This past week our assignment was to start the blocking pass of our full body walk animation with the Stella rig.  We were given the option of doing a vanilla walk or a character walk as well.  I didn't want to go too simple and just do a vanilla walk, so I decided to do a walk with a little character.  Here's the reference video I shot for my walk...

and here are the planning sketches I drew based on that reference...

After I studied all of my reference, I went on to pose out the main poses of my walk to create the blocking pass of the animation, as seen below...
The blocking pass isn't quite where I'd like it to be, I unfortunately got sick Thursday so it was a little more difficult than I originally thought it was going to be to work through the weekend, but we shall see what my mentor has to say about it!
P.S. I also wanted to mention that last week on the January 13th edition of this online newsletter, The Daily Art Part 4, my blog post was featured as one of the articles!  Thank you so much to the person/people who manage that website, I don't know who you are but I am honored that you chose to show my work on your site, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment