12/04/2013

AN01 - Eighth Assignment

Hey guys!  First off, go have a look at my previous post because if you scroll all the way down the page you will see my revised vanilla walk!  So yes, again, I'm a little late posting the assignment I did for last week, but at least I'm getting it up before the weekend!  So last week we had to revise our vanilla walk, come up with a personality walk, and create a pose showing exhaustion.

First off, the pose.  Here are my sketches that I came up with showing exhaustion...

I am pretty familiar with the feeling of exhaustion so it ended up being not so difficult to come up with poses.  I decided on the circled one because it appeared to be the most dynamic looking.  Below is the final render of the pose I turned in...
I just got the critique for this too and Anthony mentioned that I should lower the head a little more so it's resting more on the block, that I could make the hanging arm even straighter, and that I could tilt the left foot slightly towards the camera.  I'll be making these adjustments come winter break when I go back and tweak all my pose adjustments.
Now for the personality walk!  I wanted to make a walk that would be more interesting than just a swagger or catwalk, so I went with an uneven weight, or similar to a cripple, walk.  Here's the reference video of myself walking while holding a frozen turkey in one arm, try not to laugh...
And from that reference I planned out my walk though sketches and wrote out the timing...
And into Maya I went!  Turns out it was actually pretty enjoyable to make a walk that wasn't so ordinary.  Below are the side and 3/4 views of the walk...
My critique on this actually ended up being pretty good! Anthony suggested that I have the right heel continually going up when it's lifted so there won't be so much of a pop, that the low poses could vary more between the different strides, and a couple more comments.  And that's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment