10/21/2013

AN01 - Third Assignment

So my assignment for Animation Mentor last week has us dealing with 2 different bouncing balls of 2 different weights.  We had to plan out the action for both balls, so here's my planning...

From the critique I got for this assignment, I've been told I need to work on my planning, in particular the frame numbers.  I just find it difficult to figure out what frames things should be on without being in Maya seeing what works, so I should work on that.  Here's the playblast that I submitted...
I found a lot of good footage again on youtube, which was great because I don't just have access to a beach ball or bowling ball.  Here's one in particular that I liked, mostly because it shows both types of balls side by side...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocn2Mhzrdl4 .  Some of the critiques that my mentor gave me was to take a frame out of the beginning bounce of the heavy ball to give it more of an impact on that first hit and to have it not roll so far at the end.  He also said that for the light ball, the bounce was really good but that I should have it start at where it currently is at frame 31 so that I can have time to add 2 smaller bounces at the end and have it come to more of a stop.  Once I revise it, I'll be posting the update here so be on the lookout!
*Update* So I revised the animation and submitted it with this week's assignment.  The critique that he gave me for it was that I should place the small ball more in front of the light ball, the heavy ball should come in at more of an angle, roll not quite as far at the end, and add one more residual bounce, and that the light ball should start at the position it was at frame 30 so it can have more of a stop at the end.  So here it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment