11/04/2013

AN01 - Fifth Assignment

Hello all!  Yesterday I submitted my assignment for this past week, so here I am to share it with you guys!  The assignment was to animate tailor, a ball with a tail, with an anticipation to motivate the first bounce and then have a minimum of three bounces, showcasing the overlapping action of the tail.  We have two weeks to work on this animation and then the third week we have for revision.  I found this animation to be pretty interesting, basically because I've never animated a character with a tail, and turned out to be a bit more challenging than I first thought.  So here's my planning for my animation...
And here's the animation that I have submitted for the first week of the assignment...


On a side note, I signed up for my second class at Animation Mentor which will start the 8th of January and chose my mentor, Steve Cady.  I'm so excited to learn from him, his e-critiques, that I've seen, are amazing and he provides his students with so much information.  He is currently a senior animator at Hybride and has worked as an animator on such films as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Pacific Rim, Avatar, Watchmen, The Amazing Spiderman, and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1513513/
*UPDATE*
Alright guys here's the final version of my tailor assignment.  I received a lot of great feedback on the assignment such as he should anticipate more when he goes to jump off the pillar, try to show tailor squashing on the pillar from a side angle, have him jump slightly forward at the end due to all the momentum that he has from the previous jump, always favor the squash pose, and a few more notes.  Below is my final version of the assignment...

No comments:

Post a Comment