3/26/2013

Introduction

So I've started this blog as a way of showing everyone what exactly it is that I do, and as a way to put on display my creative process.

As a way of starting off this blog, this first post will be more of an introductory post.  My name is Chelsea Stewart and I am an aspiring 3D animator currently enrolled in my last semester of college in the Character Animation/Visual Language program at the University of Central Florida.

The Character Animation/ Visual Language program at UCF is quite a unique experience that I have had the pleasure of being a part of for the past year and a half.  I was chosen out of a large number of students, along with 31 of my peers, to be accepted into this program where we have had the opportunity to experience a little bit of what working in a real studio environment would be like.

Throughout our time in this program, we went through the process of creating many different story ideas for a five minute animated short, and after one semester, two stories were chosen, Ember and Gaiaspora.  I chose to be on team Ember and I have enjoyed every minute of my time as a part of the production of such an epic story.

I was originally chosen to be Assistant Production manager, where Kelsey Binninger and I worked to help organize the production.  Then, as the production progressed, I was selected with Alissa Babineau, to be lead animator where we assigned shots to be animated, conducted dailies, and gave critique to the rest of the animation team.

If you would like a more in depth look at the design process of Ember, the Student Director of Ember, Trey Buongiorno, has started a blog and gives an in depth look at the process here.  I had also started another blog about the last semester of the production process earlier this semester that you can look at here.

No comments:

Post a Comment